I find a lot of recipes on Pinterest that look interesting, and have even set up three separate boards there for cooking. I love trying new recipes and then tweaking them for my own tastes … which I think everyone should do. This is one of those recipes and I found these muffins strangely addicting. I won’t say how many I’ve had since I made them yesterday.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup oats–quick or regular oats, plain
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 12 ounces honey nonfat greek yogurt or 1 1/2 cups (basically 2 of the single serve Chobani)
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted and slightly cooled
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
Preheat oven to 350°. In one bowl, combine the dry ingredients – flour, sugar, oats, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. In another bowl, combine the wet ingredients – yogurt, eggs, butter, and vanilla.
Fold yogurt mixture into the dry mix. The batter looks rather dry when done, but it’s okay. Gently fold in the blueberries.
Spray muffin tin with cooking spray or use liners. Spoon the mixture into the muffin tin. Cook for 15-20 minutes.