I am not a huge fan of spinach or artichokes, but together in a cheese dip – they are divine. It’s one of the appetizers the Man and I tend to get when we go out to dinner. But this simple recipe will save you plenty!
This recipe will take up approximately one half of your standard sized crock pot. If you’re having a party, I suggest doubling it.
- 9 oz frozen spinach, thawed and drained
- 1 (14 oz) can quartered artichoke hearts, drained
- 8 oz cream cheese – low fat works great
- 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1 Tablespoon of dried onion flakes
- 1/4 cup milk
- pinch of pepper and salt
Put all the ingredients in the crock pot, set to high, and mix a bit. Come back in an hour and stir well. An hour later, stir and then top with more grated parmesan cheese if you like. Eat and enjoy!