We made this a few months ago and it turned out really well. The recipe doesn’t talk about seasoning the meat, which is a mistake. At the very least, toss some salt and pepper on it when you brown it. If you like other things, go ahead and sprinkle it on.
- 2 pounds beef, cut into 1″ cubes
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3/4 cup sherry or water
- 1 medium clove garlic, minced
- 2 cans (10 1/2 oz) golden mushroom soup
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup water
- egg noodles or rice – amount varies depending on how much you want.
In skillet, brown beef in butter. Add remaining ingredients. Cover and cook over low heat two hours or until tender. Stir occasionally. Serve over egg noodles or rice.
How easy can that be? The golden mushroom soup really gives this a great flavor. Give it a try when you can!